Veterinary fees in this area of England have gone up considerably in the last decade and will no doubt continue to go up in line with the additional expectations that are placed on a modern small animal practice. Advances in diagnostics such as ‘in house’ blood machines allow vets to work up a case more fully and more quickly than was previously possible but also add to the practice costs and are therefore factored in to the fee structure. Modern veterinary medicines are considerably more advanced than they were a decade ago and each year new better drugs come on to the market. Many of these drugs are more expensive than the previously available drugs but bring great value in terms of their efficacy and safety so it is only appropriate that we use these where indicated to treat your pet in the best way open to us.
Having said that, at South Lincs Vet Group we aim to keep our fees as low as possible and in line with other practices in the area. Below are a number of commonly requested fees should you wish to know for comparison purposes. All prices are current as of opening and are INCLUDING vat at the current rate. Please note that the fees stated below are for Holbeach and some may differ from these at our Sutterton Hospital site.
- CAT / DOG / RABBIT CONSULTATION ... £26.00
- CAT / DOG / RABBIT REVISITS ... £20.00
- CAT / DOG MINIMAL / RABBIT REVISIT ... £16.00
- NAIL CLIPPING FROM NURSE ... from £10.00
- KITTEN VACCINATION inc.Felv ... £24.90 each (two needed 3w apart)
- CAT BOOSTER VACCINATION Flu Only ... £18.95
- CAT BOOSTER FULL VACCINATION inc. Felv ... £29.90
- PUPPY VACCINATION ... £20 each (two needed 3 - 4 weeks apart)
- DOG BOOSTER VACCINATION ... £24.50
- DOG BOOSTER inc. Kennel Cough ... £42
- DOG VACCINATION RABIES ... £34.50
- RABBIT VACCINATION ... £24.50 (Combined Myxi & VHD vaccination)
- GENERAL ANAESTHETIC CAT / DOG ... £72 - £120
- CAT SPAY ... £45
- CAT CASTRATION ... £30
- DOG CASTRATION ... £100 - £150.00 (Weight dependent: Small - Giant)
- DOG BITCH SPAY ... £145.00 - £245.00 (Weight dependent: Small - Giant)
- DENTAL CAT (just scale & polish) ... from £135
- DENTAL DOG (just scale & polish) ... from £140 - £175 (Weight dependent: Toy -Giant)
- MICROCHIP CAT / DOG ... £13.20 (8mm Mini-microchip)
- CAESARIAN DOG ... £390 - £650 (Weight dependant: Small - Giant)
- CAESARIAN CAT ... £295
- CRUCIATE REPAIR e.g. Springer size dog £650 (Lateral nylon stabilisation) or from £2600 (TTA/TTO fixation with Orthopaedic Certificate holder)
- PATELLA LUXATION e.g. Small breed from £700 (More if Orthopaedic Certificate holder)
- OUT OF HOURS VETS SURCHARGE ... £75 before 10pm then £100 to morning opening. (All pets vaccinated by us in the last 12 months, Pets on care Plans, High volume clients and Charities get a £20 discount on this fee.)
- OUT OF HOURS NURSE NEEDED ... fee £24 before 10pm then £42 to morning opening.
- PRESCRIPTION CHARGE ... £7.50 for 1st drug (and then £5.00 for each drug thereafter if multiple medications in same patient)
PLEASE NOTE OUR PRICES INCLUDE VAT AT THE STANDARD RATE.
There is a huge number of things that can be listed but there is little point unless relevant to you. If you are interested to know a price please ask at the practice or ring us. Non standard operations are only estimated for by the veterinary surgeon and only after an examination of the animal concerned.High Volume Discount/Rescue Discounts
The above prices are for every day customers but for customers who do things in larger amounts/numbers. For instance someone who breeds dogs regularly as opposed to someone who has the odd litter will often have a HVC discount applied. This will give discounts which equate to 20-25% on caesarian and puppy/kitten vaccinations but other items done in high amounts can also be included and these vary from customer to customer. Registered charities can have a higher discount still but the amount depends on what procedures and products it relates to. Please enquire for more details.
Quotes and Estimates
For neutering and certain other fixed cost operations we can quote an all in fixed price which will not alter no matter what we encounter. Other operations are done on an estimated basis and by this we mean we will give you an estimate on our best guess if all goes to plan. However, every operation on every animal is different and thus this will change a little from case to case. If we discover something that we were not expecting before the operation that will increase the price over the quotation by more than 10% then we will always stop and ring you before we proceed further. For this and many other reasons please make sure your contact numbers are correct
Post Operation Complications
In some rare cases where there are post-operation wound issues such as infection or swelling etc. these are not covered by estimates or quotes. In these cases we will not charge any further fees for our time but please be aware that we do charge for any necessary medications or dressings involved in resolving the problems.
We do not run an accounts based system and as such it will be expected that you pay for all fees at the time of each consultation or on collecting your pet after an operation. Should this not be possible please discuss this with the staff before you incur the costs so as some compromise may be reached as to a method of payment. We accept cash and all credit/charge cards or cheques with accompanying guarantee card.
Practice debts have become a huge problem in the last few years and practices are having to take a harder line on what they will and won’t do for clients to facilitate the best animal treatment for the clients pet. In order that a sudden unexpected expense does not become a big problem please always think about getting your pet insured by one of the large numbers of pet insurers now being widely advertised. (See section on Pet Insurance)